Dear MMEF Friends and Supporters
MMEF have been in discussion with much sought after AMI 6-12 Trainer, Alison Awes, Minnesota, USA, to offer the 10- day AMI Primary (Elementary) Assistants’ Course in New Zealand in January 2017!
We know that there is keen interest for a 6-12 Primary Course here in New Zealand, and see this ‘new’ course as the first step in determining levels of interest from Primary Trusts and interested parties and building momentum towards establishing 6-12 training here in New Zealand.
Who is the Course for?
This will interest anyone with a profound interest in the 6- to 12 age child…
- parents of 6-12 year-old children, or will have
- teachers working in a 6-12 environment who are not already Montessori trained
- assistants working in a 6-12 environment who would like to gain an AMI Certificate
- all parents, administrators and trustees who are interested in finding out more about the unique 6-12 Montessori programme.
When is it?
The proposed dates are Monday 10 January – Friday 20 January, 2017 (10 days)
Options are being looked at in both Auckland and Wellington. The final decision will be based on where the greatest interest is expressed … so make sure your voice heard!
- To explore the Montessori philosophy with regard to child development
- To observe the primary child (what Dr Montessori called the “second plane of development”)
- To discover how best to interact with the primary-age child
- To find out how to interact with the Montessori-trained teacher
- To support the development of the child by assisting the teacher
- Course Readings
- 2 x 500 word papers to be completed during the course.
- 9 hours of observation after the course with notes submitted as part of the course work.
- Cost: $1200
Please register your expressions of interest by completing the red section below. Simply cut, paste and complete the section below and send your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd April please.
Name: I live in:
Venue: I would prefer Wellington / Auckland
I am happy to travel: Yes / No
I would love to attend / but the dates don’t work for me
Tick or highlight your response and return by Friday 22nd April.
Noho ora mai,
Carol, Tia, Anna, Shirley – MMEF Trustees